|I chose a few before photos- We were speechless when we walked in and saw this mess!|
I'm thrilled the "B" side of the 1940's duplex is complete! We began this adventure on May 17th of this year.
Fortunately, we have renovated older homes before. We knew that we might encounter hidden issues. We realized it would be better to replace the windows, with energy efficient ones, rather than repair the existing, older, single pane windows that had been filled with "Great Stuff". Adding central heat and air required an upgraded electrical panel and wiring. Once permits were pulled all items had to meet current building code requirements.
If you have followed along, you remember the disrepair in this unit. The entire story can be found here.
This unit has nine foot ceilings, crown molding and hardwood floors.
|I still have to add all the crystals to the chandelier. Whew, what a job!|
|A mini mudroom covered the purple contact paper.|
|Powder room- black and white tile|
|I had hope to use the vintage kitchen sink, but by the time I re-glazed the sink, added custom laminate and a subway tile backsplash it became cost prohibitive. Granite was a better choice.|
|This corner contained the water heater, but we removed it and added cabinets and the drawer stack. A fur down was required to match the existing cabinets.|
|The linoleum was removed and tile was added.|
|A built-in microwave and cabinets were added to the wall above the stove.|
|The second floor|
|I had planned to
add a pedestal sink here, but the supply lines prohibited that. I did
find this medicine cabinet with lights at Lowe's to add some vintage
|The second floor has two large bedrooms.|
|The guest room has two walk in closets.|
|The master bedroom has two windows- that tilt in to clean.|